- 2016. 9.12 "Published Paper" page was updated
- 2016. 4.28 Announcement of Revision up program 002 for MECHANICAL FINDER version8.0
- 2016. 4.11 Registration has opened for the 7th MECHANICAL FINDER User Meeting(Japanese)
- 2016. 3. 1 MECHANICAL FINDER version8.0 was released
- 2016. 2. 4 The 1st MECHANICAL FINDER Seminar is held in Osaka(2016/11/19)(Japanese)
- 2016. 2. 4 The 7th MECHANICAL FINDER User Meeting is held in Tokyo(2016/7/16)(Japanese)
- 2016. 2. 4 We demonstrate MECHANICAL FINDER on The 89th Annual Meeting of the Japanese Orthopaedic Association(2016/5/12-15)
- 2016. 1.21 MECHANICAL FINDER has been approved as a medical device from Pharmaceutical and Medical Device Agency in Japan
Medical use of Simulation
As cumputer simulation has been widely used for analysis such as strength of structure or flow of fluid, it is indispensable in engineering. Simulation is also spreading in medical reserach, for example blood flow in the vessel or joint force during walking.
With regard to bone, bone density has been used for evaluation of bone strength, especially osteoporosis risk. However it has been pointed out the limitation that bone density can not remove the influence of bone spur or calcified vessel which don't contribute to strength and can not consider bone structure. Therefore evaluation of bone strength by finite element analysis have attracted attension over the years. This method evaluates the bone strength by constructing patient-specific bone model from CT data, assigning bone density and material properties from CT value, and performing finite element analysis. Today, it is used for various analyses such as implant installation or osteotomy in reseach field.
Computer simulation has benefit that analysis or mesurement which can not be performed in vivo or experiment using cadaver is possible. However widely-used software has general versatility and high functionality, they make it difficult for non-engineer to learn the operation and the technique for an analysis. MECHANICAL FINDER is the finite element analysis software developed for medical doctors to analyze with no difficulty in clinical practice and a study.
MECHANICAL FINDER is the software to evaluate bone strength by considering the entire bone as a three-dimensional structure and applying finite element analysis.
- MECHANICAL FINDER includes all functions needed for CT-based Finite Element Analysis, that is, from loading DICOM data to analysis.
- CT-based modeling enables constructing model with patient-specific bone geometry and density.
- Bone has been modeled as homogeneous or 2-layered material in analysis. MECHANICAL FINDER can build it as an inhomogeneous material reflecting CT value.
- Bone strength can be evaluated as stress or fracture load under arbitrary boundary condition.
- Geometry (STL file format) such as an implant can be imported. Owing to a computer simulation, a position of an implant can be modified to achieve optimum one.
- Technical stuff support your analysis by responding your inquiry ranging from an operation procedure to a consultation of analysis.
MECHANICAL FINDER has been approved as a medical device by Japanese Pharmaceuticals and Medical Devices Agency as follows on 21 January 2016.
Program 1 Diagnostic related program
Controlled medical device Program for bone strength analysis JMDN code: 71041002
Software for evaluation of bone strength MECHANICAL FINDER